Expatriates in the U.S.

Foreign Nationals who will be working for Chevron in the U.S. may apply for Chevron Federal Credit Union membership prior to arrival in the U.S., or at any time after arriving.

Download a summary of the program.

To open an account, you will need:

  • A copy of your passport
  • A copy of the front and back of your Chevron badge and/or a copy of your Letter of Assignment or Letter of Introduction
  • A completed Chevron Federal Credit Union membership application and agreement
  • IRS form W-8 BEN
  • BSA form questionnaire
  • A minimum $25 opening deposit ($50 for joint accounts)

For instructions on completing IRS form W-8 BEN, click here.

Please be advised that your Chevron Federal Credit Union membership application must be signed in ink and cannot be submitted by fax or email. Chevron Federal Credit Union will only accept original applications. If you are mailing your membership packet from overseas, we recommend that you send it by tractable courier service.

Supplementary restrictions apply for foreign memberships and may supersede Chevron Federal Credit Union’s membership eligibility rules.

Checking & savings accounts

Chevron Federal Credit Union offers free checking and savings accounts to meet the needs of Chevron expatriates working in the U.S.

Checking accounts

  • No Social Security number or ITIN required for Chevron expatriates
  • Free ATM/debit card, box of checks, and online check images
  • Unlimited check writing abilities
  • No minimum balance required

Savings accounts

  • No Social Security number or ITIN required for Chevron expatriates
  • Earn highly competitive dividends on our MarketEdge Money Market Savings accounts

Visa® card with unsecured line of credit*

Use your line of credit and associated Visa card to pay for daily purchases, secure travel reservations, and take care of upfront relocation expenses. Foreign Nationals coming to work for Chevron in the U.S. may apply for the unsecured line of credit during the six months prior to arriving in the U.S. However, a U.S. residential address must be supplied before we can issue the Visa card.

Maximum amount is $5,000.

Apply For Visa Card With Unsecured Line of Credit

Other services

Free or low-cost digital banking services

  • Online Banking and Mobile Banking
  • Direct deposit
  • Internal account transfers
  • Electronic statements and account notices
  • Domestic bill payer service
  • Low-cost domestic and international wire/money transfers

Financial education

We can provide one-on-one counseling regarding U.S. banking systems and financial services.

Click here to learn more.

Auto & home insurance

Liberty Mutual (all locations except Texas)

  • Liberty Mutual will credit expatriates for non-U.S. driving experience, thereby avoiding the high rates often charged to new U.S. drivers
  • Expatriate must provide a valid U.S. driver’s license and a letter, in English, from his/her previous insurance company (in the home country) stating a clean driving record for the past three years, as well as the total number of years of driving experience
  • Pay your premium automatically with a monthly deduction from your Chevron Federal Credit Union accounts

For a free quote from Liberty Mutual, please call Dave Fabucci at 800-439-0455, extension 58339.


For more information on Chevron Federal Credit Union and our expatriate services, please speak with your Assignee Counselor, visit your local Chevron Federal Credit Union branch, email us, or give us a call at 800-232-8101. For those outside the U.S., call 510-627-5000.

* Not all applicants will qualify. Programs, rates, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Banner Image

Ready to become a member?

We’re ready to work hard for you and your money.

From everyday finance to life’s big money moments, it’s better when you belong.